From the Department of Redundancy Department (heh), this is a blog post that publicizes our publicity efforts about the launch of this project, including this week’s Open House.
The idea is that by publicly documenting what’s we’re doing to get the word out, we can A) get suggestions on what else we should be doing to promote the project; and B) point to our efforts if and when the day comes that someone says, “How come I didn’t know about this planning process?”
- The City of Northfield’s Public Works department emailed a Bridge Square press release on Oct 18 (PDF) to over 60 individuals/stakeholders. It also posted an announcement on its website and created a special Bridge Square Master Planning Project page on its Current Engineering projects section (left sidebar link).
- The City of Northfield enabled its Notify Me service for both email and text message alerts for the project. Icon links to both are on the left sidebar here on the blog.
- Northfield News article, Oct 19: Brainstorming Bridge Square’s future in Northfield
- Northfield.org event: Bridge Square Master Planning Project Now Underway; Open House on Oct. 23
- Northfield.org blogosphere page (most recent blog posts listed here)
- Locally Grown Northfield: Bridge Square is Northfield’s living room. The public process for planning its future begins Oct. 23; the Bridge Square Blog’s RSS feed has been added to the inner right sidebar
On Monday, we’ll start getting the word out via social media.
If you’ve got other suggestions on what we should be doing to publicize this project, attach a comment.